Keeping Customers Engaged | Social Media Ideas and Tips
What’s your voice on social media? Are you generating conversations or holding lectures?
Social media is definitely a great tool to leverage for the center. However, before you go full steam ahead, now’s a good time to take a good look at your presence and make sure everything is current with the accounts and each of the platforms are a good representation of your center.
Keep in mind that the diverse group of customers that centers attract, from Baby Boomers to Alpha Gens, each have their preferred platforms. For example, the older generations are more active on Facebook, while younger audiences prefer Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, IGTV or Tik Tok, depending on the age group. Messages should be tailored to both, the desired audience and platform being used to deliver it.
User Generated Content (UGC) is content created by your customers and is a valuable form of advertising. It is authentic and by some customers, is valued more than traditional advertising. So encourage UGC and leverage it to market the center.
Is social media out a bit out of your comfort zone? Here are a few simple tips to keep in mind when engaging on social media:
- Success doesn’t happen overnight…don’t be discouraged. Have the long haul mindset.
- Quality over quantity…better to have relevant and meaningful content that is posted less frequently rather than a lot posted frequently but not quality content.
- Consistency over frequency… make them count and keep them engaged.
- Acknowledgement is a must…don’t ignore comments or questions! Be transparent and authentic.
- Sharing is caring…you can’t expect them to talk about you if you’re not supporting them by talking and sharing their appropriate content.
- Don’t disappear! Be active in publishing and commenting.
- Post live videos showing the behind the lanes or about bowling in general
- Show how the machines run
- Have a mechanic talk through the pin cycle, the ball return and what happens when something like a ball return or out of range needs to be addressed.
- Educational videos
- Interesting facts about bowling
- Specs on a pin
- Running tapes
- Reading lane graphs
- What goes into running the lanes
- Bowl at home challenge #bowlathome #supportbowling I saw something recently on Myrtle Beach Bowl, keep them coming in.
- Word of the day post
- Bowling Tips – involve some of center customers
- Bowling Trick Shots
- Throwback Photos
- Free Resource Links for parents/customers
- On this day in history. This can even be on this day in the history of our center…Tasha bowled a 300 or Brian picked up the 7-10 split or we added a new attraction.
- Unique holidays
- Image Close Up…what is it?
- Inspirational Quote
- Spotify/’BMN Playlist from your center. How about letting customers help build the playlist?
- How to video…how to make the perfect nachos or loaded fries, or signature menu item!
- Create a signature item for the center contest. Create the center pizza or burger.
- Fill in the blank post, ex: My favorite ice cream is ____? When I need to X, I ______!
- Share a statistic.
- What one word best describes what you miss most about the bowling center?
- Bowling crossword puzzle. Turn it into a contest.
- If you had to rename the Corona virus, what would it be called?
- Name 1 thing that the Coronavirus has made you realize you are thankful for
- Make a “life in the day of a center manager” video.
- Create a meme with objects or employees (with their permission, of course!) in your bowling center!
- Have customers submit their “got a strike dance”
- Bowling word search puzzle
- Most unusual use of a bowling ball or bowling pin
What else have we seen online that is fun, interesting and worthy of sharing? Here’s a few we’ve found to share:
What are you doing on Social Media to engage your customers? What are you doing during this downtime? We’d love to hear from you! Post your comments and share your successes, challenges and thoughts. We are in this together and together we will survive! #supportbowling #beyondtheframe #qubicaamf
Please join our Facebook Group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/QubicaAMFbeyondtheframe/ Beyond the Frame where we come together to share ideas, best practices and ways to #supportbowling.