A Reason to Celebrate
When we think of August, a few things that pop into our heads are probably going to be fall leagues and back to school. There is another big event that we might be forgetting about. That event is National Bowling Day. This year National Bowling Day takes place on August 12th. This is a great opportunity to host some special events in your center on that day or leading up to that day. Bowling holds a special place in our customers hearts, and this is a perfect opportunity to share this passion with them. There are plenty of times when we need a reason to celebrate something in our centers but some of the holidays or events might not work for your specific center. National Bowling Day is a day we can all enjoy since it is celebrating a sport, we all love and enjoy. So put on those thinking caps and let those promotional and marketing ideas begin to flow and enjoy National Bowling Day.
Here are a few ideas to jumpstart your creativity:
- Fun competition. How about most strikes in an hour?
- How about a low game tournament?
- Run Lucky Train throughout the day for prizes.
- Looking for something for the entire family? Have a Match My Monster Contest.
- Provide double or triple loyalty points on National Bowling Day.
- Bring a friend, friend bowls free!
- Create a National Bowling Day special food item or drink. Limited time. Don’t let FOMO strike!!
- Make sure to have all programs and promotions prominently displayed in the center (digital ads, flyers, POS Displays, etc).
- Have other activities planned throughout the center.
- Get the community involved and partner with other small businesses to provide additional fun and opportunities. (Chair massages, facepainting, clowns, photo booth, etc)
- Combine National Bowling Day with a school supply drive for an in-need school. Bring in a new supply (can provide a list to choose from, if desired) and receive a special offer.
- Got HyperBowling? Promote HyperBowling with a special offer just for National Bowling Day!
- We are Mad for Bowling. Buy 1 hour of Mad Games get ½ hour free.
- Create a National Bowling Day Photo Backdrop and provide fun props to encourage customers to capture their memories and continue the fun. Give bonus loyalty points or a special offer if picture is posted on social media.
- Invite a local celebrity to show their support by inviting them to kick off National Bowling Day by rolling out the first ball of the day and invite media to cover.
Running out of time? Click here for National Bowling Day material to help you promote.